Netherlands eScience Center | Sep/2021 - Current
Senior Research Software Engineer
- Helped maintain, developed and consulted on research software, focusing on best practices, such as licensing, testing, automated documentation, testing, CI, and other workflows.
- Worked on and maintained cffinit, a web application for creating CITATION.cff files. I learned Typescript, Vue and Quasar for this project.
- Co-organized and talked at a Julia for High-Performance Computing webinar with external speakers and over 50 attendants.
Federal University of Paraná | Nov/2014 - Aug/2021
Professor Adjunto (equivalent to Assistant Professor)
- Taught around 5 courses a year.
- Advised over 15 students.
- 10 talks, 5 at international conferences.
- Industrial Mathematics curriculum planning committee.
Data Science specialization program
- Taught optimization and machine learning.
- Advised students in various topics.
Researcher in optimization
- Co-creator of several packages related to nonlinear optimization and numerical linear algebra inside the JuliaSmoothOptimizers organization.
- Advised students in nonlinear optimization, operations research, and machine learning.
- Co-creator of the CiDAMO study and research group.
- 3 published papers.
- Referee in various journals.